Dude, it’s Labor Day weekend … what the eff. As everyone is getting ready to get their best festival gear out for MIA Festival, or hit the beach one last time, or wear their white pants until they fall off ONLY until Labor Day, though (which is a bullshit rule that makes no sense), I find myself getting all reflective and shit. I think it’s because when I left my house this morning, that awful chill was in the air that still gives me “back to school” anxiety … even though I’ve been out of school :::mumbles::: years. You know what I’m talking about. I always remember having to write the “here’s what I did this summer” essay … which I secretly loved, because I was a huge nerd who loved writing prompts/still do. “I went to Florida with my family and it was fun.” Good times. Good description, self.
But, oddly enough, I do think reflection is important … or maybe it is the fact that I just started yoga again and I’m drinking the kool aid … either or, either or. As trivial and silly as the things I learned this summer are, I do feel it is important to write them down … strictly so I can look at them 10 years from now and ridicule myself for being such an asshole.
So with all of that being said, I hope everyone had a lovely summer, and if you are anything like me, you are really to kick its ass out of town so we can embrace the deliciousness of fall fashion. Until then kids, have a fantastic Labor Day weekend, be safe, be smart … wear white until the cows come home. And, oh yeah, ‘MERICA!
1. Canadian tuxedos (all denim errthang) makes me way happier than I should get and are shockingly chic
2. Leather is okay when it is about 80 degrees, but you WILL get swamp ass
3. One piece bathing suits are no longer for prudes and squares (I want to thank Khloe Kardashian for this one)
4. High tea is an event that every woman needs to attend, at least one (but it is expensive and you will need a cheese steak after)
5. Reading is a great escape from all the bullshit you are suffering through (I clearly forgot this and was reunited on my vacation)
6. Birch Box is something everyone needs to subscribe to, because it always arrives when you need it (bad days, PMS, just hating life in general)
7. To be kind, because you have no idea the battles and struggles other people are facing
8. That I loathe flip flops, but would sell my mother for some great vintage jewelry
9. That adult temper tantrums exist and can be brought on by awful pants and lack of air conditioning
10. To never go to trendy pop-up anything in the city because you will end up wanting to punt it (Spruce Street Harbor, I’m looking at you … bathroom passes … pssshh)