Meet Juliet Sabella, owner of The Wall Cycling Studio with locations in Manayunk and a brand new location in Phoenixville, PA.
Listen, this chick is so inspiring it ALMOST made me want to try spinning again … but I say ALMOST because, no. I’m still out of breath from my last go at spinning.
At 18 years old, Sabella was 100 pounds over weight when she first fell in love with spinning. It wasn’t until she got laid off from her job as a full-time retail buyer that she realized she needed to chase her passion of opening up a spinning studio in the quaint town of Manayunk.
While I’m a full blown spinning reject, I can’t help but be in awe of her stamina and strength of not only getting healthy and fit, but starting from the bottom (no I refuse to break out in a Drake song) and building herself a flourishing fitness empire, which includes the addition of a new Barre Studio.
So I’m going to go back to sitting on my couch and eating carbs while you get to know this fashion-forward and fit lady, Juliet Sabella.
1. In 4 words, explain Wall Cycling Studio. Fun. Motivating. Community. Sweaty.
2. Finding a workout “style” can be tricky. What is your go-to outfit or brand that you love to rock? It depends. I love baggy tanks, but also have an obsession with graphic tees. My favorite pants to workout in are the Run Inspire Capri’s from Lululemon.
3. Okay let’s talk first time spinning. What do you wear and where can I get stylish versions of it? We want you to wear what you are comfortable in. If I could make a suggestion, it would be wear a tighter fitting pant (nothing made of cotton) and a tank top.
I say tighter pants because if your pants are too baggy or long, there is a potential of getting them caught in the pedals. I’ve had to cut a few people out of them before. I find almost everything I want/need in Marshalls. Go to Marshalls!
4. A little birdy told me you have some serious style outside of spin. Describe some of your favorite places to shop in Philly and describe your style for us. Oh wow, I love this compliment since 95% of the time I am in workout gear! My style is comfortable and cute. I love Nicole Miller and Lilly Pulitzer. I like for my shoes to add a pop to my outfits so I tend to wear a super bright colored high heel or a beautifully beaded open-toe strappy shoe. At the moment, I really like the jogger pants paired with a fitted top and heels.
5. Do you follow any strict diet regiments … vegan, vegetarian, carbetarian (like myself)? I love the name Carbatarian! I call it carbasarous rex (haha). Over the past couple years, I have been trying to switch my diet to more plant-based. I eat a lot of fish and meat. I’m hoping to make a full transition to plant-based later this year.
6. So many people are pledging to “lose weight” and “be healthy” in the New Year, and that rarely sticks. Since you are such a success story, losing over 100 pounds, give us 3 tips on how to keep our resolutions going strong.
1. Take it 1 day at a time.
2. Others will see results before you do, so do-not-stop.
3. Don’t beat yourself up if you have a bad day. This goes back to the first tip, take it one day at a time mentality.
7. What is your most beloved item in your closet right now and why? My Nike Dunk Sky Highs. They look good with everything! They also make me feel like I could break dance if I wanted to. I don’t know how to, but for some reason, I have always wanted to learn.
8. Time to spill the insider info … what is next for Wall Cycle Studio in 2016? Along with the new barre studio, a lot of other great stuff. My brain is always wandering, constantly thinking of exciting ways to enhance the studio. So you will just have to follow us on social media to find out.